The Power of Belief
Oh there they are – we all have them, we all act according to them, they differ greatly at times, they are extremely powerful, they can divide, they can heal, they can lift up, they can destroy, they can bring sorrow, they can bring joy. We hold them, we feed them, we defend them, we accommodate them, we protect them… but do we always know WHAT they are, WHERE they are from and that they are even there? If they feed or deplete us?
So let’s start at the beginning:
What is a belief?
A belief is an acceptance/truth/faith/conviction of something (or in someone) to be true even in the absence of facts or proof.
Your background, upbringing, experiences and relationships will all have played a part in the way those were formed.
Why are our beliefs so powerful?
They shape our thoughts and emotions which determine the actions that lead us to the next outcomes, which determine how we experience life. And since everything is interconnected and energy, they are also determining our feelings, health (physical and mental), vitality… In fact, belief is so powerful that it also influences the thoughts and behaviour of people around us.
The beliefs we hold about ourselves and the world determine how we experience reality in mind, body and soul.
Belief and health
Each and every tiny cell in our body is perfectly and absolutely aware of our thoughts, feelings and of course, with that, our beliefs. And our body is always in reaction to how we perceive life and will mirror that accordingly.
For example: When you believe you are down/depressed/worthless/hopeless, you stamp THAT raw data received through your sense organs, with a judgment and physically become the ‘interpretation’ as you internalise it. Your body will become more sluggish, you are more prone to anxiety and depression, weight issues, more acid/cortisol etc. will be released, digestive issues and sleeping issues will come up… for this judgment/belief holds low frequencies which are now manifesting in your body.
‘Love’ is the most healing/high frequency emotion – when you hold the belief of self-worth/joy/hope/faith/growth/healing, your body will react with nurturing your physical system accordingly and will show up with vitality, energy, better digestion, healthy skin, more regular sleeping patterns…
And I am sure we have all heard of the placebo effect? Our belief can literally change our biochemistry. How is that for powerful?
How do I become aware of my beliefs?
Pay attention to:
~ Your inner story/dialogue – especially the repeating ones. For example: ‘I won’t apply for that job, I won’t get it anyway!’ and then investigate that statement! Don’t judge – INVESTIGATE! Why do I think I won’t get it? Based on what? What am I losing by it? How many jobs have I not applied for before due to that belief? Does it serve me? You might get to the conclusion that you hold a belief system that ‘you are not good enough’. And with not applying you are avoiding being turned down. And – darn – are we storytellers of note once we start listening and paying attention to what we are brainwashing ourselves with.
~ The words coming out of your mouth: ‘People are always letting me down’, ‘don’t worry, I am used to be ignored’, ‘anything that can go wrong will always happen to me’, ‘I am unlucky in love’, can you see the underlying belief patterns? We speak our reality into existence, if we know it or not. Pay attention!
~ The feeling that you hold: ‘I feel anxious when I have to speak in front of people’ and then investigate again. Anxious about being seen? Taking up too much space? Disappointing people? Not being good enough? Peel down the onion till you get to the core belief. And, yes, with onions come tears at times, but it is totally worth it.
Can a belief be changed?
Oh you bet it can! We created the first version, we certainly can create the next version.
Sometimes we don’t want to change it but just want to add another one on to it; there is no wrong or right to it. The formula is easy – if you are happy, balanced and content – it works for you! If you are unhappy, out of balance and constantly exhausted – it doesn’t! Then you just start tweaking.
Just please don’t go off and decide that you are a major construction site and everything needs to be ‘fixed’ or even demolished and completely rebuilt. You are NOT. All you are needed to be
Is present as some your beliefs are not serving you anymore and has been running its belief-programs in the background without your even knowing it. Time to re-write those.
Our beliefs provide the script to write or re-write the code of our reality and emotions are the fuel in it. All emotions are energy. Energy forms and transforms. Emotions move, have a vibrational frequency, take form, are changing and impermanent.
How to create new beliefs?
- Find the belief and the connected emotion that you do NOT want anymore. For example: ‘I need to be busy constantly so people can see I am worthy’ (belief: my worthiness lies in my usefulness to others and the acknowledgment thereof). Emotion I want to avoid: feeling worthless and not seen.
- Define the belief and connected emotion that you DO want (from here onward we concentrate on what we DO want and not what we want to avoid any more). Belief: I am worthy irrespective of my productivity levels; emotion I do want: self-acceptance and self-acknowledgment.
- Separate yourself from your thoughts… so you can get into observing mode.
- When your ‘old story’ comes up, recognise it and purposely replace with the new story.
- Create new thoughts/affirmations/actions/environments that support what you want to think, feel, or do.
- Transition your negative thoughts to neutral thoughts first and then neutral thoughts to positive thoughts as you go along. No use going from 0-100; it will just frustrate you. Just aim for neutral.
- Stay focused on what you really want, not what you fear or don’t want.
- Listen to your body – your body will always mirror where you are at.
- Daily routine of self-care. Start small but be consistent.
- Body posture – straighten up, shoulders back, head up, eye contact… you are on a mission – look forward.
- Shift your perspective from protection to connection.
- Practise gratitude. For every ‘negative/old’ thought add five thoughts of gratitude.
- Breathing – DEEP breathing (the biggest gift you can give yourself)
- Make eye contact.
- Power of proximity – surround yourself with inspiring people/environments.
- Feed your mind, stay curious, and learn new things.
- Live in the PRESENT – that’s where life is happening.
- Face your fears – get out of your comfort zones.
- PLAY – have FUN. Get out of your head! INVITE JOY!
But most of all – please don’t EVER get caught in the belief that you are not deserving of love, joy, happiness, rest, nurturing… that you need to earn it, fight for it, negotiate for it, achieve it, prove yourself for it, that it is some kind of reward system someone or something needs to give you permission for.
You were born worthy and deserving of it ALL – you passed it all and you were single-handedly picked by the universe to be here.
YOU, just as you are in exactly the version you are – and YOU only exist once in exactly this magic combination. You are only here for you come from love, are made of love and are currently love in 3D motion.
So have that pizza, laugh out loud, take up space, be weird, and let your voice be heard; be weird, be wonderful and write your story and beliefs in whichever way and as often you wish.
You deserve it ALL. You always have. And you always will. It is your birthright.
Psychic Medium, Numerologist & Metaphysical Profiler
Psychic Medium, Tarot Reader, Healer, Numerologist, and Radio Relationship Expert & Psychic Life guide and telepathic mental medium, Heike’s calling lies in working with souls who have crossed over to the other side and, for the most part, are at peace. If you have questions about a relationship, a loved one who has crossed over or simply questions about navigating this journey of life.
Email: [email protected]
For private sessions please email Heike directly: mailto:[email protected]